Saturday, November 12, 2011

Online Teacher Conference Sign Ups

I have always hated the back and forth paper passing it requires to sign up parents for teacher conferences. This year, I decided to try a new approach. I used a website called VolunterSpot. I looked at it and thought I would give it a try. I wanted to make sure I used a tool that would be easy to use and not obligate my student's parents to sign up with another website. I have to say that after I used this for my sign ups, I will definitely use it again. It was extremely easy to sign up, set up times, and send out to the class. There were even videos to use in case I needed help. When the link went live, my parents signed up with no questions! It went extremely smoothly. I sent out a survey after wards (surveymonkey.com) and 97% of my parents preferred this option over paper sign ups. They commented that it was very easy to use. My two comments are that one parent didn't get their reminder email until after the conference. Secondly, this online option doesn't give you a way to manipulate your schedule in case you need to spend more time with a particular parent. That is the only real negative I have. Overall, thirty minutes with each parent gives me the time I need to talk, but I can see how this might not work for some. I highly recommend this website if you would like this option for scheduling anything from teacher conferences to classroom volunteers.

www.volunteerspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment