Saturday, November 5, 2011

Report Cards and Conferences Are Here!

The trimester has come to an end and report cards are completed! Now it's time to give myself a grade on the start of fourth grade. I have to say that things are going pretty well! I give myself an A-. The minus comes from the unknown of the year; not knowing the trajectory of the year but that will be fixed next year. As for technology, I think we have done pretty well as a class! We have produced one Voicethread project, five writing assignments (three of them have been shared on our blog), many math days where we explored ipods, a research project using tech, conference sign ups online, a very successful Twitter exploration, and parents have commented on our student's work! I think my favorite technology success is the independence my students have gained using Twitter. Each day, one student is the iPad Twitter person. They are in charge of tweeting our learning and adventures. They are allowed to look at our followers (60+ other classrooms) and see what they are doing and they are allowed to comment (if approved by me). We probably average about five tweets a day from students. I didn't expect this success but the children are loving it. I know it sounds like small successes but with being in a new classroom and new grade this year, we are doing well! I am excited what the new trimester will bring for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment